Wednesday 24 July 2013

Pretty Little Lies by Jennifer Miller

Excerpt:
"When I saw you last night, I just knew this was my second chance. Our second chance." -Luke

Olivia has just gone through a very nasty divorce, and high tailed back home to Chicago to live with her best friend, Pyper. Now Pyper is all about fun, and decides to get Olivia to start dating again through dating sites and speed dating. One night at a club, they meet Olivia's first boyfriend and first love Luke. He wants her back after seven years, so now what is Olivia to do?

This book recently came out, and I finished it in one sitting, I love the storyline! There was humor, cute fashion tips, romance, adorable dates, forgiveness, and of course, second chances. I think that this book was great with the flashback so we can see what have happened in Olivia's life that led to how she is today. I love the fact that Pyper is so fun, and how she is such a great friend to Olivia. There were also cute fashion tips in the beginning of each chapter, which I think, are actually pretty good tips to take. The events that unfolds in the books were hilarious, we were able to go through each of her dates until she met her first love, Luke. Now Luke is hilarious, sweet and HOT! He made a mistake when they were young that led to their break up, and Olivia had left the city before he got a chance to apologize. Now after all these years, he finds Olivia again, and he's willing to do anything to get her back. It's so funny how he tries to sabotage her dates, and it's so romantic and sweet when he takes her on dates.
However, even though this book have a great story line, amazing characters and hilarious events. There are some problems I found. First of all, the book was way to detailed, just way to detailed. I didn't need to know about every single one of her thoughts, every item she decided to wear (although, some of the outfits did sound adorable), and every action she wants to take. It slows down the storyline so much more, leaving parts of it a bore. Now, Luke can be adorable, but I find him just a bit annoying, and just a bit too sweet for a typical guy, some of the stuff he says makes me wonder if he actually has balls. One more thing that I didn't really like about the book is that all the characters lives are pretty perfect. Not completely, but enough that you can tell the author made sure that her main characters had the best, and never needed to worry about anything else upset the problems she wants her characters to focus on which is mainly all on their love lives. You see, Pyper has everything with her rich daddy, Olivia doesn't have to worry about rent due to Pyper and she has an amazing job as a fashion blogger/journalist. Both girls can afford to go shopping and buy designer clothing. Luke's dad owns a beer company, and he practically just strolls around finding ways to make Olivia happy and to win her back (although I don't mind it that much). But still, you see how I mean how all their lives are almost perfect? Oh yea, and one more thing I really dislike... IT ENDS IN A CLIFFHANGER!
SIGH! I have to wait, who knows how long to see what happens between Olivia, Luke and Pyper! I don't wanna waiiit!!

HAPPY READING! -Kay

BOOK TRAILER (FANMADE)
(I have to admit this is pretty good!)


RATING:
8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment