Saturday 21 September 2013

Angel Fever by L.A. Weatherly

"So, you get to be the navigator," I said, deliberately cheerful as I leaned over to pluck the atlas from the footwell and tossed it on his lap. I started the engine. "And that's Timmy. Say hi to Timmy."
Seb raised an eyebrow at the laminated photo. "Hola, Timmy - ¿qué hay? I think you've been alone too long," he added as he opened the atlas.
And despite everything, suddenly I was grinning. "Hey, that's nothing," I said as I steered us out of the parking lot. "Just wait until you hear my singing repertoire."

~Angel Fever, Willow and Seb


As half-angel Willow strives to save the world from her parasitic otherworldly kin, romance and tension heat up to a climactic finale.

In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in "refugee" camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity. As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield. But Willow continues to have feelings for Seb, and her love and resolve are tested as a shattering revelation sends Alex on a separate journey. Now that the final battle versus the angels is about to begin-and the fate of the world hangs in the balance-each of them must face the consequences of their own choices. Will love endure? Will the human race survive?

Arya: I know everyone's been waiting a long time, and I'm sorry for the delay; I was actually reading a different book... You might hear a review from it soon! Anyway, back to Angel Fever. I was addicted to this series from the moment I picked up Angel and I met Willow and Alex. Can you say power couple? In the breathtaking conclusion to the Angel series, L.A Weatherly took me so many emotions my mother almost caught me crying when I was reading... so you can definitely expect some pretty touching, and heartbreaking scenes in here! Like I've said before, I love books that take me through every emotion possible, from heart-pounding fear, an insane case of the giggles, and best of all, mushiness! This book had it all. I couldn't take my eyes off the pages at all.
Let's start with our amazing heroine Willow. Most of us have always scene her under Alex's protective wing, and now we get a hint to see her take charge, become the amazing leader we all knew she had in her. We step away from the happy visage she always had and take it a bit darker in this final instalment, feeling her heart-break, desolation and anger within the pages. Everyone who reads this and has read the rest of the series will be able to tell how much Willow matured in this last book, and finally found the power to do what she was always meant to do, with a twist.
And now for Seb. Perhaps this guy has a bit of a bad rep, trying to steal Willow from Alex, but I always felt kinda bad for the guy. I mean, loving a chick for 14 years just to find her and realize she's into another guy? That's pretty tough. However, as this book progresses, we can see just how much Seb actually learns to love Willow, and really, his anger at her and his strive to distance himself? Complete failure. For those who wanted Seb to suffer, I don't care; he gets a happily ever after too! And surprises... Seb meets someone closely related to him! Read the book when it comes out to find out who; you won't regret it. In the end, *SPOILERS!!!* for those who were pro Seb-Willow, sorry guys, he finally realized he and Willow were only ever siblings, and as it comes to it, maybe best friends.
Now my favourite character: Alex! Now, everyone knows Kylar as the tough, leader character. Well in this book, we finally see his stupid side. And it is a very stupid side. Of course, in the given circumstances, we might have all done the same thing to protect the one we love, but really, the words he says later? I really wanted to smack some sense into that boy. Just a hint? You can't make up for your girlfriend thinking you're dead. Still, his realizations later, and his undying devotion to Willow just made me want to squeal with happiness, then yell at Willow for being mean to him, but she was a realistic character, so it's okay... I'm supposed to be talking about Alex! Anyway, from his physical exertion, and taking on thousands of angels without a second thought, all for her... his devotion is truly envy-worthy and admirable. He's so cute! They way their relationship is described; their loving words, hidden looks, all of it is so beautiful. And of course... who ends off a story without a bang? This one certainly has it! The best part about this is that we also see Alex's selflessness and humility: his willingness to step away from Willow if she wanted it even though it tore him apart, then come back to beg on his knees for her. Really, he's a hero, and he's still willing to beg. It's pretty awesome. He's an amazingly realistic character, and definitely on my list of book boyfriends ^-^.
All in all, great story, amazingly vivid descriptions and just one of my favourite series that ended perfectly. I recommend this series, and especially this book to all readers!

From the depths of the abyss that is Arya's mind...
9 stars out of 10! Yay!!!!!



Kay's Review: Hiya! sorry about the late review, but here is the beginning of review from up to chapter 20 http://infiniteworldsreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/09/angel-fever-by-la-weatherly-day-2.html
After finishing the book, I had sat there with a stupefied smile one my face. Throughout the course of the novel Weatherly continued to give us drama and action just as the story feels a bit slow. However I found that most of the story is pretty predictable! But for one part in the middle that went WHOOOA ! STOP ! THERE! NOW! I love that we were able to see the stronger side of Willow and the weaker side Alex. We were also able to understand Seb's side of the story and find out more about the various characters throughout the story. In the end we were placed back to were the story had all started and I was able to find that this was perfect and reminded my of a Harry Potter quote: "It opens at the close" as this part of Willows' and Alex's story may have ended but another chapter have opened up for them. Although this is definitely the last book I think that we can easily imagine what the pair of them can do as they continue through the ruins that the angel's have made. I surely hope that I would be able to read another one of LA Weatherly's books as it was truly remarkable and stunning. The finale to the Angel trilogy was simply the sweet cherry on top for the series... until next time! 

RATING: 
8.7/10 

Hopefully you can't wait until the book comes out! Until then.
Much love,
~Kay and Arya

No comments:

Post a Comment