Monday 22 July 2013

Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin














Excerpt: 
My father is a murderer. My brother is dead and my best friend is dying of a disease my father may have created. It's a refrain that's repeated over and over in my mind, through feverish dreams, and even now. And yet... my father is the gentlest man I know. 

The stunning conclusion sequel to the Masque of Red DeathDance of the Red Death is the book that hold all the life changing actions Araby shall makes. Will April live through the plague and be cured? Who will Araby choose? Elliott or Will? What would happen two the great leaders on either side of the chessboard? Will Prospero or Malcontent take over the city, as well as Araby's life? Or will Elliott, the great white knight come and save the day? The book holds the rest of the story of Araby's adventure on her goal to save all those she cares about and to choose the one who she must truly love.

The first book of the series left my holding the book in shock, screaming in agony that the sequel is SOOO FAR AWAY! and finally, its in my hands. I devoured the book in one sitting, and in the end I was left... content, with all the answers in my hands. I have to remember that this adventure's isn't my own but Araby's. The choices are not mine but hers, and I have to say she the choices she made were quite up her alley. The beginning of the book wasn't as action-filled as a would've like. It was mostly plotting and Araby going in to save the day. One thing for sure, April really did shine in the book, up to the end. Elliott played a large role with Araby in the book, much more then Will's, and this was a bit of a disappointment, I would've like to see more of him. This book also finally gave us a chance to attend one of Prospero's elaborate balls, and to see the final stand between him and Malcontent. All in all, I think the ending was a fitting conclusion, however I would've preferred to learn more into Malcontent and Prospero's schemes and plans. As well as finding out more about how the other characters had ending up in the end.

Happy Reading! -Kay 


My rating: 
7.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment