Sunday 14 July 2013

JK ROWLING HAS A NEW BOOK! PLUS MORE ON ALLY CARTER AND STEPHENIE MEYER!

JK ROWLING HAS WROTE A CRIME FICTION NOVEL UNDER A PEN NAME! 
YES! IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD! OMGOMGOMGOMG ANOTHER BOOK FROM JK ROWLING! (Arya: I actually just heard about this today too xD I can't wait to read it, but it'll have to wait... Frigid is still to be read! I wonder if Kay read it yet... Ah well, next time!) I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet! BUT I'll most likely have a review for you by the end of this month! (UPDATE: KAY: I read it... I think there are more then enough reviews online on it, and personally I think that the book is isn't as good as the HP series! )  The book is called The Cuckoo's Calling! and there are many reasons why she wrote under the pen name. Mostly, it was so there won't be a lot of hype about her new book, and that way people won't be biased.
However, ratings for the book is quite high even before Rowling was found out! The story is a mystery novel (Goodreads Summary) and by the looks of it, it may become a series.... Not entirely sure yet.

I have read The Casual Vacancy by Rowling before, and I find it very different from Harry Potter, which is what I believed to be the reason why many people had disliked it. However, I read it and found that it was quite, I don't know the word... mysterious(?) like feel for the book. I wonder how this book will be ...

Ally Carter MAY HAVE A BOOK BEING TURNED INTO A MOVIE! 

YES GUYS! ACCORDING TO HER WEBSITE! The production company that gave us Hunger Games (the movie) is interested in turning her book Heist Society into a movie! The directors on board seems to be the ones who have directed Pitch Perfect! What are your thoughts on this would-be, could-be movie? Personally, I am dreading it and excited for it to happen. First of all, many good book have been ruined by the movie (Twilight , I wasn't a huge fan, but the book wasn't all too bad. Beautiful Creatures I didn't even watch the movie because the reviews were quite bad, and the actor/actresses hadn't even want to act in it in the beginning. Hunger Games, ok I have to admit that it was that bad, but still, it left out/ altered many  parts of the books. World War Z, IT WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE BOOK, but the zombies) and second of all ... who wouldn't want their imagination characters come to life?
Who is excited? Who doesn't want this to happen ? Who hasn't read it? (If you hadn't and you're interested in spylike mystery thrillers, then I would recommend for you to begin reading Ally Carter's books! )

Other few news about Ally Carter: Her last book in the Gallagher Girls is coming up! United We Spy, the final book in the series is coming out in SEPTEMBER!!! ALSO if you buy the book from Barnes & Nobles, you get an extra chapter in the ending! But that's not all ! Ally Carter is going to write a brand new series, Embassy Row (ally carter on embassy row ), one full of mystery and thrill, and spylike qualities! (I hope!) You can read more on her website http://allycarter.com/ But all in all, I am VERY excited to read them!


One more news for Stephenie Meyer's fans! I was lucky enough to go to a signing and chat with her a while ago, and she told me that she is currently writing the sequel to the host... STILL WRITING.... so don't expect it to come out any time soon... just though to tell you. But the title is the Seeker! 




Happy Reading!
~Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment